What our growers say…
Syngenta Flowers® wants varieties that perform well for growers and in the field. So every year, in France, four of our reference growers in four locations across the country test all our new varieties and our sales reps come to see the results.
They recently trialled varieties of Petunia Sanguna® and this is just a taste of what they told us:
- Sanguna® Mega Purple – large flowered, two weeks earlier than the competition, good trailing habit.
- Sanguna® Radiant Dark Blue and Sanguna® Patio Radiant Dark Blue – twin brothers with a different habit, a nice contrast in the flowers and a must-have for the 2019 season for their flowering stability, all-summer long.
- Sanguna® Deep Lavender vein – very early, a multitude of medium-sized flowers in striking colours.
- Sanguna® Rose and Sanguna® White – a new generation with slightly bigger flowers and earlier flowering.
- Sanguna® Purple Picotee – the most contrasting colours, purple with a white edge, ideal for impulse sales.
These new genetics have stable colours flowering all-summer long and a perfect habit for hanging baskets.
Many thanks to our reference growers Catherine Oriot, Pierre Carté, Gaby Tricoire and Olivier Duchamp, for their work on these important trials.